Wednesday, February 13

LOGAN'S HOME! Just 13 hours shy of being away from home one month Logan came home tonight. It is weird as I sit here on my couch and type this knowing that Logan is upstairs sleeping in his own bed. On the way home he fell asleep....he then awoke for about five minutes when he got home. We laid him on the couch until we got situated. Then I carried him upstairs and laid him in his own bed he woke back up and smiled the most beautiful smile. It is so nice to be a family again.

He has come home on many different medicines....13 to be exact that need to be given to him at different times and different amounts. We also were trained today on home IV care because he still needs the nutrients through his Hickman line. That is all for now since we are all very tired and I am going to go sleep in my own bed.......good night and thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay yay yay!!! Hoooray!!!! Go Logan! You're my hero!! Keep kickin' that cancer's butt!! :)

Kennedy News said...

YEAH!!! Oh, WELCOME HOME!! What great news! :-)
The Kennedy's

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you & amen! I hope you have quiet, restful family time, interrupted only by your nursing duties. Logan is AWESOME!

The Breeder said...

Amazing! Hope you all slept well.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Logan!!! :-)
Love, Karin

Anonymous said...

Dear Logan,

I think I pulled a muscle trying to play tennis with you yesterday. Roger Federer better look out!

Congratulations to ALL four of you.

From Room 68,
the townes

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Logan!!! It always feels so good to sleep in your own bed!!!! I am so happy you are on the road to recovery!

Ann Edlund

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all the Lewises, and especially Logan (who did the hard work of getting through the last month)! I hope his recovery continues at this great pace, and wish you good luck with the upcoming radiation treatments. Great Job Logan!

Anonymous said...

Hi logan. Its amber. im the high school student that tried to set a fundraiser for you at my school. sorry we have not kept in contact. Alot has happened to keep us quite busy. I have been out of school for awhile so the fundraiser was turned down. I missed alot because of an injury but im better! Its good to hear that you are home and feeling well. I wish you the best! I have also lost your family's e-mail. mine is psmtam@hotmail.com if youd like to talk about his fundraiser i have tried to set up just send me an e-mail. i still want to set that up, so hoping i still have your permission.
Amber