Saturday, September 22

Sorry I was unable to update everyone last night, the hospital is having issues w/ online connection. By the way we are back in the hospital. Logan was very dehydrated from being sick so much. Within about three hours they pumped two bags of fluid through him and he only went potty once. We had a good night last night. He fell asleep about 7:30 and woke up this morning at 6:30am. He was up a couple times to go potty. He also woke up a little disorientated. This morning he is still feeling a little yucky but getting better. He has not eaten anything as of yet but did ask for grapes. The nurses are trying to get some. He also saw a pancake commercial and said they looked good. We do not know how long we will be here as of yet. They were unable to put the feeding tube in yesterday because he was so dehydrated. Hopefully today so he gets some nutrition. Yesterday I bought him a big Lego airplane (401 pieces) so we have been working on that all morning. He will help for a little while then take a rest. Well I will update everyone as soon as I can pending Internet connection. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Lewis family! Jason, you probably don't remember who I am - but I am Jennifer Cooper, Gary and Diane Cooper's daughter. My mom passed Logan's blog link on to me, and I've been checking in on him and his journey and keeping him in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm actually very involved with childhood cancer awareness and over the past few years have made quite a few connections in the childhood cancer world. I have links to many families with other children fighting neuroblastoma, if you'd like to be in touch with others as well as other online support organizations. One group I've been very involved with is Cancer Warriors, Inc. (http://www.cancerwarriors.org) - I "adopted" a little boy named Bryce, who's fighting leukemia - and have been his angel for the past couple of years, sending him "happy mail" periodically and fun packages and stuff! :) Anyway, Bryce is off-treatment now (yay!) and doing great (double yay!) - and I haven't been assigned a new warrior as of yet. But I was thinking, if you would be interested, I would love to "adopt" Logan as my new warrior - unofficially even if you don't want to go through the program! :)

Anyway, this is probably the longest blog comment anyone has left you - but I just wanted to let you know that I'm keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers - and would love to help out however I can. :) Feel free to e-mail me! :) jlcooper78@gmail.com